-->

Monday, April 18, 2016

Smile

What have you always dreamed about since you were a young child? ♥ 

Have you ever wondered what the word chronic means? Or has it never phased you? When you see someone smile what do you think? Do you judge them? Do you ignore them? Do you smile back? Do you wonder what is hidden behind that smile? Invisible chronic illnesses exist. While chronic autoimmune illnesses may be hushed and not commonly known as breast cancer, lunch cancer, and all the others which now having amazing recovery results due to years of funding and research - they exist. Have you ever heard of IBS? Or IBD? IBD stands for Inflammatory Bowel Disease and umbrellas Crohns and Ulcerative Colitis and is just one of those many invisible illnesses not commonly know about. It needs more funding, research, donations to help those that are fighting daily battles with their bodies eating themselves. That's what an autoimmune disease is. In my case it is internal bleeding of my large intestine defined as Ulcerative Colitis. Internal bleeding is absolutely no fun. 

Can you imagine a beautiful young child going through that? Because I can't, and I struggle with it at 22. Especially when on my teaching practicums. My blog is an escape for me to create my perfect world, and bridge together my creativity from the comfort of my bed generally. What have you always dreamed about since you were a young child? I have always dreamed of wearing high heels, playing the piano, speaking Italian, living in Italy, travelling the world, getting married, and having twins. While I don't have the ability to control my inability to have children, who I will marry and whether they'll accept me broken and all, I have the ability to adopt, and to do many other things in life. Throughout my blog you will see snippets of my creativity, feminine outfit posts, times I have taken on challenges, travel ideas and tips, and plenty of photographs that show you what is achievable with Ulcerative Colitis when I am not hiding from the world in my room, huddled under my blanket, cuddling my teddy, attached to my heat pack, in my super duper trooper low days. There's a story hidden behind each person's smile. And this is just mine, B xx ♥ 

No comments:

Post a Comment